In my opinion, the more timely you are in posting your payments (checks from payers do have expiration dates), handling your denials (to reduce your days in AR), and posting charges as soon as possible, the more you will contribute to improving your revenue cycle.
There may be no regulatory guidance in terms of 'deadlines', but I think that the practice administrator (rightfully) wants the accounts up-to-date. I'd do what I could to make that happen.
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join