Patient has a seborrheic keratosis in he left occipital/post auricula region measuring .5 x .5 cm. This site is anesthetized with 1% Lidocaine, excised, and cautery utilized for hemostasis. He has three rather large skin tages of his axillary region, also anesthetized with Lidocaine, excised, and cautery utilized for hemostasis. How would you code these?
Would they be benign lesion excision even though they were not sutured? I realize the Dr did not specify size of the other 3 skin tags. Can we use the CPT code 11200 for those??
Please advise. Thanks.
- Medical Coding
- Medical Billing
- Practice Management
- Exam Preparation
- Other Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Software / Digital
- Code Lookup (AAPC Coder)
- Virtual Coding Experience (Practicode)
- E/M Analyzer
- CPT RVU Calculator
- Health Plan Search (Provider Policies)
- Log In / Join