Just my thoughts, and by no means an authoritative answer: During that time of monitoring for 6 hours, if doctor can document that during the 6 hr course of treatment that his personal attention to the patient equated to more than 30 minutes above the usual designated EM code, he might be able to capture the Prolonged Service utilizing the "face-to-face" visit codes of +99354-93555 in the outpatient setting. Hopefully, someone more experienced will jump in to answer? ---Suzanne E. Byrum, CPC
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join