99358-9 are not monitoring codes. These are physician codes to be used when the provider is not face to face but is addressing the patient's issues in some way such as over the phone or with other caregivers when the patient is not there. For the patient to remain in the office for 6 hours and have someone check on them periodically is not proper use of this code. If the physcian evaluates the patient prior to administering the drug then you possibly have a visit level, then if he documents time spent with the patient during the initial eval plus any face to face time spent checking on the patient then you may have enough time to add on a prolonged face to face code.
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join