I'm not sure I'm reading this correctly .... there were two separate incisions?
I'm thinking 11005 for at least the first I&D where no foreign body was found.
But I can't tell where the foreign body actually WAS, anatomically speaking ... in the skin layers, in the fascia, in the muscle, in the stomach, in the peritoneum? There is a code for removal of a foreign body from the peritoneum .. 49402 ... but this documentation doesn't really match the description of that procedure.
At present, the best I can think of would be 11005 with a -22 modifier. But I think the better option is to get some clarification on this dictation from the physician, before coding it.
Hope that helps.
F Tessa Bartels, CPC, CEMC
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join