This could depend on your Medicare carrier - for example, Highmark will accept a blanket statement such as 10 systems reviewed and are negative, however there are other MAC that will not allow this. The second statement however would not be acceptable as it is not clear at all that anything was reviewed...and how could the ROS be non-contributory? The patient is there for something that the doctor had to review and he should at least comment on that! If not, then he did not do a ROS at all.
Hope this helps.
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join