When billing for an EGD...or a colonoscopy for that matter..does the order of the Diagnosis matter. For example, I know when the reason for the colon is a screening, the V code for screening needs to be first. But what about Hx of polyps? Would that be coded first?
SO, when coding for an EGD, do you code the Reason of the exam first, or the EGD findings first? With or with out a V code involved.
So far, I have not had problems with payment either way, but I just want to do it correctly.
- ICD-10 Training
- Exam Preparation
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join