I will wager an opinion here.
For Epipen injections, you would report code 96372 for the injection administration and HCPCS J code J0170 for the medication. The use of the J code will be payer specific. Some payers want code J0170 and some payers prefer code J3490 (Unclassified drugs) instead.
I would recommend that you consult with the payer in question here for further guidance.
Hope this helps and again this is my opinion.
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join