AAPC - August DL Sale: 50% OFF

Thread: Right hemicolectomy with end colostomy and sigmoid colectomy

Question Right hemicolectomy with end colostomy and sigmoid colectomy

AAPC: CPC Promo
    A patient had a Right hemicolectomy with end colostomy and sigmoid colectomy
    with primary anastomosis done and I am not quite sure how to code this. I have the Right Hemi as 44143 but what about the sigmoid colectomy? is there an additional code or would I be changing what I have so far? The DX is Perforation of right colon, perforation of sigmoid colon with pneumatosis.

Default owner

hi i would bill this as follows
    44140-5159 for the sigmoid resection because there are two seperate rections done at two diferent locations of the colon so the 59 will allow it to pay seperatly.

If the splenic flexure was taken down, you can code 44139 (no modifier) add on code

Thanks guys! It seems so simple but when you get the slightest bit of doubt in your mind you just want to make sure, so I really got stuck LOL. I will reread the op report and see if the splenic flexure was taken down. Thanks again for all your help

Similar Threads

1. Ileocecectomy with sigmoid resection and end colostomy
    By rrussell5 in forum General Surgery
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 07-06-2015, 07:17 AM
  2. Replies: 2
    Last Post: 01-07-2015, 07:15 PM
  3. Subtotal colectomy with end colostomy
    By bda23054 in forum General Surgery
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 12-13-2012, 06:32 AM
  4. Replies: 0