No you cannot charge for injection to same surgical site during global.
Post surgical pain management is part of the global surgical package.
You can find this information on the CMS website under the claims processing manual,chapter 12.
"All additional medical or surgical tx required of the surgeon during the postoperative period because of complications which DO NOT require a return trip to the OR" are included.
I would recommend you go to the website and print this, it is quite large, but, I cannot tell you how many times I have had to refer to it. It's worth printing.
I can fax you just the pages that refer to this.
Be careful too, because a lot of commercial payors have adopted this rule as well.
- ICD-10 Training
- Exam Preparation
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Code Lookup with AAPC Coder
- Coding Data Files
- ICD-9 to ICD-10 Code Converter (FREE)
- Other ICD-10 Codes / Resources
- CPT Codes
- HCPCS Codes
- E/M Analyzer (FREE)
- CPT RVU Calculator (FREE)
- Risk Adjustment Search (FREE)
- PQRS Measure Search (FREE)
- Health Plan / Provider Policy Search (FREE)
- MACRA Calculator
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join