Anesthesia calculation-(Base Value Units + Time Units) x Conversion Factor = Reimbursement.
A second modifier can be used to indicate the status of the patient. Some of the status modifiers add additional time units to the claim.
The system will automatically add these units. Do not include these extra units in the billed units.
Time Unit Calculation Examples
Modifier = AA
Start time = 9:00
Stop time = 11:24
Total time is 2 hours 24 minutes
One time unit = 15 minutes
Total time units = 10
Hope this helps!!
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join