AAPC - Back to school
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Coders: Annual Wellness Visit--Read the Guidelines!!

Stuart, Florida

AAPC: Back to School
    I would also really appreciate a copy of the FAQs, please?

Thank you!
    Vanessa Mier, CPC

Default Wellness visit

Could you send me the info you have and the check list please.

Bentonville, Arkansas

Default Awv

That sounds correct. Our doctors, after I gave them the guidelines, have adhered very well to covering and documenting everything required by the AWV guidelines. I did have to reiterate that if they bill for an E/M at the same time, they cannot use a combined ROS, vitals, etc for both codes. Generally they are providing the AWV when the patients come in for a thorough annual review of their medical problems, so, after reviewing the notes, i often go back to the docs and have them downcode the E/M so that they aren't counting some of the requirements twice, even though they are only documented once. We have been doing a lot of these AWVs and I think it is good for the doctor and the patient to have them reflect on their wellness care; what has been done already and what needs to be done in the future. The revenue is good and I believe the intention of Medicare to make sure our patients are keeping up with their wellness needs is a good thing. We are a family practice, by the way.

Default AWV check list

Could you send me the info you have and the check list please.

Thanks Amy Wright, CPC CCP CMBS

Default wellness visit thread

Hi Pam,

Could you please send me a copy of your FAQ and checklist:

thank you

Default Complete Physical Exam

Are hearing screening and visual screening part of CPE or separately billable? Are there written guidelines available?

thank you for your input

We had Medicare and Wellcare Medicare come to our office and explain the policies on the G codes and office visits. They said, that if the doctor does an E/M visit with the G code, use a 25 mod on the G code and the E/M code. However, you need to be sure to put any V codes with the G code (ie. G0439) and the diagnosis codes on the E/M code.

Dover Seacoast New Hampshire

Here is the Patient Information FAQs that we use. It's a combination of information from CMS, and info from our practices. Use what you need.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Pam Brooks, MHA, CPC, PCS, COC
    Coding Manager
    Wentworth-Douglass Hospital
    Dover, NH 03820

If you can dream it, you can do it. Walt Disney

Default Mcr awv

I am undestanding that there should be something such as the Beck's depression screen used to glean the risks for depression. Shouldn't that document then be part of the medical record for the date of service of the AWV? Darlene Billing, CPC

Tacoma, WA

Quote Originally Posted by Pam Brooks View Post
    Here is the Patient Information FAQs that we use. It's a combination of information from CMS, and info from our practices. Use what you need.

Would it be ok to pass this on to my boss for possible use in our clinics?

L. Mark Kozu, COC, CPC, CCC

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast