I was 47 years young when I decided to go back to college for coding and billing. I had worked as a lab tech for ten years and then as a stay-home-mom for seventeen years before going back to school. I sat for the coding certification exam in August 2007 and passed! I believe it was harder than the lab cert exam! The difference was time. Going into the lab exam, I had my pencil and my brain --- I either knew the answer or not. For the coding exam, the answers are in the coding books in front of you. Now, how fast can you find the correct answer?! My point is --- if I can do it, so can you!!!! I'm working in a physician's office, which is more billing than coding, but here I am! My advise is take the certification exam! Have faith in yourself and add CPC to your name on that resume!!!
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join