Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

CPCO Exam

Default CPCO exam
    Medical Coding Books
    It is a very difficult exam, one in which I walked away from not knowing whether I did well or not.

I agree with Brandi, you really do have to know the answers especially in order to meet the time constraints. There is very little time to research anything after reading the questions and perusing the multiple choice answers.

The on line AAPC practice exam was the most beneficial as was the Federal Register.

The AAPC study guide is helpful in the context that it helps to keep you focused.

Organizing reference materials in a way that you can quickly refer to them when needed is essential.

Maria Candia, CPC, CPC-H, CPCO, CPMA, CEMC

2. Default Exam Materials
    Hi,
    Getting down to the wire...exam next month.
    I'm finalizing the materials that I plan on taking in to the exam.
    1. Compliance Guidance for Physician Practices
    2. Compliance Guidance for Third Party Billing
    3. Compliance Guidance for Laboratories
    4. Compliance Guidance for Hospitals
    5. False Claims, Stark and Anti-Kickback Statutes
    With so many resources listed on the AAPC site and the study guide I found the above to be important. Any suggestions?
    Thanks for any input.

Default CPCO exam
    Having the associated penalties where they can be referenced quickly for the actual laws i.e., Stark, HIPPA, False claims etc. is beneficial.

Take the time to read the questions thoroughly before answering any of them and read them thru completely even if you think you know the answer.

Make sure you have highlighted all areas in your reference material that you feel are important.

Maria A. Candia CPC, CPC-H, CPCO, CPMA, CEMC
    Last edited by mcandia; 01-21-2012 at 08:30 PM.

4. Default Thanks
    Thank you. Will add information on penalties.

5. Default Passed!
    I passed the CPCO exam!

It was a very difficult and challenging exam; and also the most rewarding.

As previous posts have mentioned the Compliance Program Guidance for Individual and Small Group Physician Practices and Statutes/Penalties are key areas to study.

Good Luck to all preparing for this exam and feel free to contact me with questions.

Quote Originally Posted by RaqPCCS View Post
    I passed the CPCO exam!

It was a very difficult and challenging exam; and also the most rewarding.

As previous posts have mentioned the Compliance Program Guidance for Individual and Small Group Physician Practices and Statutes/Penalties are key areas to study.

Good Luck to all preparing for this exam and feel free to contact me with questions.
    C O N G R A T U L A T I O N S!!!!!!!!
    It was a difficult and challenging exam. You should be very proud of yourself.
    Judy Wilson, CPC,COC,CPCO,CPPM,CPB,CPC-P,CPC-I,CANPC,AAPC FELLOW,CMRS

Past AAPC-CA BOD 2010 - 2013 & 2015 - 2017

judy@anes.hrcoxmail.com

Nothing is impossible, the word itself says ‘I’m possible’!
    -Audrey Hepburn

Congratulations to all who passed. I took the exam on Saturday and my stomach is still in knots. It was a VERY difficult test. Many questions I was solid on the answers but there were still a handful that I second guessed and I know of at least 2 that I changed the answer and my first answer was correct. I, too, took the entire 5 hours and 40 minutes. It is unlike any of the other exams

I found the most helpful to be:
    1. Federal Register information on Compliance Programs for various medical entities
    2. Knowing dates, fines, civil, criminal for EVERY law that is mentioned in the preparation section
    3. Have a solid understanding of the different Federal Departments and what their responsibilities are in respect to each law

Even with three binders of information there was still some questions that left me really questioning because none of the answers seemed appropirate but there obviously was a "best" choice.

Read both the question and the answers carefully. The way they are worded is key.

If I didn't pass I will retake at the end of next month but I am really praying that I passed. I am sure I will be pretty hard on myself if I didn't pass.

Again, congratulations to everyone who has passed as it was a very mentally challenging test!
    Christina Musser, CPC

Arrow share more information please
    Quote Originally Posted by joearmc View Post
    I just got my results and I did pass the exam. I must say that it was a very difficult exam. I second guess myself on several of the questions, basically because I wanted more information in the question, but you gotta go with what you have.

The links that AAPC has provided is a very good resouce.

Good luck to all taking the exam... Keep studying and you will do great!

Joe
    Congrats!!!

so, would you say the AAPC links of information related to this certification are enough to prepare for the exam? or did you consult any additional resources?
    LAG.CPC

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234