Nicka and Ass. is a reputable company and has been around a long time. Sharon Nicka is a long time ED coding expert.
The pay and production requirments seem OK to me. ED fees have been driven down by competition particularly off shore. I paid more when I was in the business a decade ago...around 1.25. But I could get more per chart than most companies can get these days Did they ask you to take a coding test?
I find the keys to production these days are system speed and user friendliness, and how much data entry they are looking for. So if you can code without too much additional data entry into a reasonable, efficient system you should be able to hit or exceed the 20 oer hour.(and of course the documentation is decent which I think is the case with many EDs that use the T-System)
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join