You might want to ask if they have the new codes in their system. I was told at a Cardiology seminar that most insurance companies won't even get the codes put into their systems until March so to be on the lookout for denials. This could be the cause of your denial. Check into it with Medicare as well as any other carriers as you might want to hold-off billing any until the codes are put into their system to avoid having to do double the work.
Hope it helps.
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join