I agree, I would not bill both 32655 and 32657. I think you have to choose one or the other. Here's the thing, 32655 is defined as "VATS with excision-plication of bullae, including any pleural procedure" which means that you really shouldn't bill 32650 with this code. They do not bundle in CCI but I have had payers deny 32650 when billed with 32655.
Personally, I do not understand why this one VATS procedure includes all other pleural procedures. The RVUs on this code are not much different from the other VATS codes. So, the way I look at it, you could either bill 32655 alone or 32657 with 32650. The surgeon was removing blebs but he did it with wedge resections so I think you could argue that either code is appropriate. In the end, I think the reimbursement will end up being roughly the same.
I would probably bill 32655, but that's me
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join