For the primary surgeon, you probably will use 59510 if Dr performed the antepartum care, c-section & postpartum care.
For the assistant surgeon, I use 59514 (Cesarean delivery only- no antepartum or postpartum care) and then modifier 80, 81 or 82 depending upon level of detail in the documentation and if assistant is used b/c a qualified resident is not available).
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join