AAPC - Back to school

Thread: Spirometry

Default Spirometry

AAPC: Back to School
    We have just started this week doing Pulmonary Function Tests (Spirometry - 94010). This is being done on the nurses schedule and doctor is not seeing patient at time of test. Can the nurses bill a miminal ov with the test? If so would I use a modifier?

I'm not sure why you are having the patients come in just for the PFT unless its some kind of Asthma program you have established but I think if the patient is coming in just for the PFT then that is all I would charge for. Just my thoughts. Hope that helps.

Central Arkansas

Default Spirometry with an E&M on same day

We are getting 94011 denied as global to the E&M (bundled). Is anyone using Mod 59 on the spirometry code?

if the reason for the visit with the doctor is any Symptoms and to assess the severity or any other complications if the DR. wants the spirometry to be done. then we will be billing E&m with modifier 25.
    Bill only the procedure: And any test priorly ordered and not done on the same day and the next day the patient comes only for that procedure to be done we will not bill any E&M and have to bill only the procedure.
    Beula Selvan. B.P.T.,CPC.,

Default lcfm

Is there any difference in reimbursement if the test is done along with an office visit or if the test is done not associated with an office visit?

yes ofcourse,it will be there, if the test is done along with an office visit we will be appending 25 modi along with office visit and if the test is done not associated with an office visit we will be billing only for the procedure done (i.e.)Spirometry.
    Beula Selvan. B.P.T.,CPC.,