First you need to clarify if the dx was based on a mammo or a combination of other diagnostic tests (such as biopsy) or physical exam (palpation).
The code 793.89 would be correct in the case of finding from a mammo.
The fact that the physician states "benign" leads me to believe further testing was done that he/she is referring to, and if documented, I would lean toward the 610.0 Solitary cyst of the breast under the 610 category for Benign Mammory Dysplasias.
If no other documentation to substantiate a "benign" diagnosis, I would further question the physician. If only a physical exam was done, then a breast lump or mass for the 611.72 code should be used.
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join