Re: the books, you might consider taking a couple of courses at a local college or purchasing textbooks commonly used in college courses.
For billing, consider
Fordney, Insurance Billing for the Medical Office;
Beik, Health Insurance Today; or
Vines, Comprehensive Health Insurance.
For coding, consider
Buck, Step by Step Medical Coding;
Leon-Chisen, Faye Brown's ICD-9-CM Coding Handbook;
Schraffenberger, basic ICD-9-CM Coding;
Green, 3-2-1 Code It
A web search or Amazon search should turn up most of these.
I hope this helps.
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join