AAPC - Back to school

Thread: Intraoperative cranial nerve monitoring

Default Intraoperative cranial nerve monitoring

AAPC: Back to School
    Who bills the monitoring for the intraoperative cranial nerve monitoring asc or physcian?
    Patient had a parotidectomy done with 3 hours of monitoring .I think the ASC rents the machine , so would doc bill say 95920 with mod 26 and ASC BILLS 95920 with T.C- ANY suggestions ?I think it may be all integral to the orginal procedurebut not sure

note- I know I have been asking quite a few questions lately, and I do want to thank everyone who takes the time to read these threads. Thanks again

got the answer thanks anyway,

Could you let me know what you found out? I have an insurance company telling me that i cannot bill for the TC that the facility has to bill for that, but we are an independent testing facility billing with POS of 15.

Similar Threads

1. Intraoperative Neurophysiologic Monitoring
    By bedforak1 in forum Neurology/Neurosurgery
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 05-10-2013, 08:15 AM
  2. Cranial Nerve Documentation
    By rogers in forum Medical Coding General Discussion
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 10-14-2011, 09:14 AM
  3. Intraoperative Laryngeal Nerve Monitoring
    By jwangerin in forum ENT/Otolaryngology
    Replies: 1