No there is no 5th digit, however if you are getting a denial for lacks specificity then this is due to the code selected is unspecified. The payer is telling you that the provider needs to be more specific in his diagnosis. If the provider has labs that show a vit D deficiency and yet he is unable to discern the exact type then you can can appeal with this logic but you will need to check with the physician first to see if this is the case.
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join