fingers are never RT or LT, if you are coding skin procedures such as repairs or excisions then use a 59 where appropriate if it is bones and tendons use FA-F9.
So for a lac repair of fingers for the smae type of repair add the lengths together and code one repair code but if you have one simple and one intermediate on then you would apply the 59 modifier. If you are repairing tendons in say the middle finge of the left hand and the pinkie of the left hand then you would use the F2 modifer on one procedure and the F5 modifier on the other procedure.
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join