PQRS Measure Groups

Default PQRS Measure Groups
    Medical Coding Books
    Our practice will begin reporting PQRS measures for the 6 month reporting period. I've been trying to research the changes since we last participated in 2008 and see that they now have developed measure groups.

I'm trying to grasp some understanding on reporting individual versus group.

Appreciate any input.
    Last edited by Kisalyn; 02-02-2011 at 08:26 AM. Reason: Read the vaccination measures wrong.

2. Default
    Quote Originally Posted by Kisalyn View Post
    Our practice will begin reporting PQRS measures for the 6 month reporting period. I've been trying to research the changes since we last participated in 2008 and see that they now have developed measure groups.

Of the 8 Hepatitis C measures listed in the group, two will never apply to our practice because we do not give vaccinations. Does this mean we should report by individual measures?

The measures groups manual does use the verbage 'applicable,' but I'm confused because I don't see why you would want to report the measure groups (on all 8) if it would be easier to report the individual measures that apply (6).

Appreciate any input.
    Can you tell Me where I can find the changes for PQRS for Ophthalmogy? Please Help. Thanks Mary

You can find all PQRS information from CMS's site. There are several PDFs and there should be one that's specifically for any changes.

http://www.cms.gov/PQRI/15_MeasuresCodes.asp#TopOfPage

Similar Threads

1. PQRS measure #110
    By harleymantampa in forum Medicare Regulations
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 07-29-2015, 03:17 PM
  2. PQRS Measure #193
    By kmcarthur@medicmgmt.com in forum Anesthesia
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 04-29-2015, 02:51 PM
  3. General Surgeons and PQRS Measure Group
    By medicalsec in forum General Surgery