Most non-Medicare carriers consider the G0101 & Q0091 to be included in the preventive exam code. Our area Blue Cross provider (Anthem) released a written policy early last year, I believe, specifically bundling those codes into the preventive exam. Considering the G & Q codes were created by Medicare in order to separate those services that Medicare covers from the parts of the physical exam that Medicare used to not cover, it makes sense that other insurance carriers would consider them to be part of the whole preventive exam.
Hope that info helps!
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join