My office does Pacemakers as well and I've never billed 33217 with any modifier. Accoding to the NCD the only acceptable modifier for Medicare is 51 and for commercial carriers any of the following: 22 47 51 52 53 54 55 56 58 59 63 73 74 76 77 78 79 99 AQ AR
CR ET GA GC GJ GR GY GZ KX Q5 Q6 QJ. Modifier 26 isn't listed anywhere. I would try billing it without any modifiers.
Hope this helps and hope it works.
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join