The coding guidelines are created by the CDC and are available through their website and are updated frequently at least once a year. The guidlines apply to all healthcare setting with only a few exceptions which are noted in the guidelines themselves. Most ICD-9 Cm codebooks have the guidelines posted in the front, however quite a few do have outdated guidelines. The most current version should say effective Oct 1 2010. the website is:
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join