I code the AVRs and MVRs all the time but I have never had this scenario. I looked at some different codes and I believe you may be able to use 35761; Exploration (not followed by surgical repair), with or without lysis of artery - other vessels. Check to see if it bundles to anything else he is doing but it may work.
If anyone thinks that is wrong please let me know. Or if anyone has a better suggestion that is welcomed too.
Hope I helped maybe a little. You could always ask your physician if he agrees or what code he suggests matches what the work he did.
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join