93545 is also bundled with the primary cath codes...you would use one of the codes in the93454-93461 range is the coronaries are done.
The only angiography that is billable seperate from a non congenital cath is: (unless you do peripherial angios-70000 codes- which can be billed seperate)
- right ventricular or right atrial- 93566
- aortography- 93567
- pulmonary angiography- 93568
Basically, you will not have an additional code for any angio's other than the 3 above, you will just have a different CPT code.
The only time you will have more than one diagnostic cath code is if any of the above 3 codes are performed or if it is a conginital cath and then you would bill out all the angiographies seperate.
For precerts- I currently do all of the united healthcare notifications for our office...the insurance companies actually have substituion cpt code tables. Where if you pernotify/ precert a specfic cpt code and the procedure changes there are codes that the will allow you to bill instead of the one you actually precerted. (ie if your precert/ notification is for 93458- that precert actually will cover your claim if you bill 93458, 93452- 93457, or 93459-93461)
If you would like to email me I can send you the cross walk on the cpts precerted vs the cpts actually billed....it is from uhc so you may need to check with your other insurances to make sure the go by that as well
I also have the 2010-2011 cardiac cath codes crossover if you would like that
my email is email@example.com
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join