AAPC - Back to school

Thread: Help w/HCPC modifiers

Cool Help w/HCPC modifiers

AAPC: Back to School
    We will sometimes have patients bring in their own medication and we will administer it (e.g. procrit, hormones). Is there a specific HCPC modifier I should be using on either the adminsitrative code, or should I also be coding the drug code with a zero charge on that line?
    Help please!

Default pt bring meds

At our office this happens too. Look through the administration codes in you CPT. For instance in a pt brings in her deprovera from the pharmacy and we administer it is 96372 (theraputic). We also have pts bring in synagist (for preventing RSV) and testerone ( to treat Klienfelters syndrome). All these meds use the same CPT code. Look through that area of the CPT to choose what suits you. Sometimes it is considered inclusive of an office visit. I found supplememtal oxygen to be inclusive. I would use the HCPCS only to look up that drug if it was purchased by your office.

Similar Threads

1. Hcpc's help!
    By nics1011 in forum Medicare Regulations
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 02-20-2015, 09:55 AM
  2. Hcpc 0334t
    By bockenkj in forum Medical Coding General Discussion
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 07-12-2013, 08:50 AM
  3. Hcpc z0020
    By tlplante in forum Billing/Reimbursement
    Replies: 1