This should not be a problem and is a fairly common occurrence.
If the dates REALLY are as you stated then I would just double check with the doctor to be sure that the DOService is really 1-1-11. It could be a typo and should have been 1-10-11!
Also ... I would hope that this is not a regular occurence for your doctor. Best practice would be for the dictations to be done within 24 hours of service, though, of course, there can be exceptions to this.
Hope that helps.
F Tessa Bartels, CPC, CEMC
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join