Induced labor: If failed, assign code for the method of induction which failed ,for eg drugs or mechanical ( foleys catheter induction is called induction with "Bouggie' which is a type of mechanical induction).
For induction with drug: 659.10,659.11,659.13
Induction Mechanical....659.00, 659.01, 65903.
If successful ,assign a code to relate/indicate the reason for the induction.
Next, whether the bouggie( foley's) is introduced by the midwife or doctor, the doctor who conducts the delivery gets score.
Hope this helps.
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join