If doing the class online is what your friend wants to do, then I would go ahead tell them to do it. But, do it through a school or something like that. I did my certification class (it was just in coding only as it was prep for the AAPC CPC test) through one of the local community colleges where I live and it was mostly online. Had three times that I went to a class, mostly for reviews. I can't say if it is a good thing or not, as I have yet to be hired, but, the biggest plus that it has is that you can go at your own pace. It wasn't all that hard for me, as I am a former claims anaylst, but, it was tough for the others in the class. Hope this helps your friend out with their decision.
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join