Hello Frustrated, I feel your pain. Here is the solution; First post the well child exam, do NOT put the mod 25 on the physical save it for the E/M. Make sure that you use the correct V code for the physical and that you use the correct AGE specific physical code. Next code the E/M using the modifier 25 and the CORRECT illness icd-9 code. You should code only a level 2 or 3 at the most because the E/M is not as significant when coded with a physical. NOTE; some comm insurances will not pay for E/M on the same day unless you appeal and send documentation.
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join