Hi, don't confuse a dx of head injury, (which indicated a recent injury), with what you have described with this patient. You should look in the front of the icd-9 book in the Index of Diseases for the heading "LATE EFFECTS OF" for anything that is an old injury that is causing current longlasting problems. There is a huge list of everything from injuries to polio, etc. In short, anything that can cause long lasting effects. In this case 908.3 head or neck injury or 907.0 for intracranial injury. Then code for the symptoms.
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join