cases performed robotically are coded using laparscopic codes. Modifer 22 is not used on cases when the only reason for the code is because it was done with the robot.
There is a HCPCS code, S2900 which indicated robotic assisted surgery. It is a temporary add on code, not accepted by Medicare and has no reimbursement attached to it.
We do not use the S code, we found it was confusing the insurance co's from both an authorization and reimbursement perspective.
Hope this helps.
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join