I agree with the 27380 ( assuming it is primary)
There is not a code for repair of retinaculum, I usually use unlisted or find it is included in other procedures, very rarely have I seen ONLY the retinaculum torn usually I see it with other injuries that could be coded.
The retinaculum is just fibrous tissue that is holding tendons/ligaments in position they are supposed to be in. So usually you would repair a ligament and the retinaculum just goes along with the ligament, they are kind of attached/intermingled with each other.(that is not an official medical definition)
If the retinaculum is torn in an area different that the patellar tendon tear , I would have to recommend unlisted 27599.
Sorry hope that helps a little
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join