MEU's for first quarter 2011 are posted as one unit of 97597 and 97598.
Therefore, they consider more than 40 sq. cm as medically unlikely.
Plus I understand there is an error with the NCCI edits showing the two codes as bundled.
As coders we know one is an add-on but it's a glitch that needs to be addressed. I also understand that these will not be automatically reprocessed once the glitch is corrected.
So start a list...
Needless to say, Medicare and the 2011 CPT codes are far from in sync to start 2011.
At this time I'm finding no direction for the 11042-11047 debridement codes for large
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join