I bill HCPC D codes for dental in an ASC in Florida. However, we have never billed any D codes to any commercial carrier as they will be denied.
Here in Florida we do have a state statute that requirs commercial carriers to cover dental procedures in outpatient settings for children with medical necessity. Although the statute provides coverage for children, we are finding that commercial carriers vary in the age limitation. We are finding that BCBS will cover a child up to the age of 8. In most of our dental cases, we have been billing with the unlisted dental procedure code 41899.
Our Medicaid cases are much easier. We have been advised to bill using D9420 as that is the only code Medicaid will cover here in Florida. As Medicaid is different in each state, you may want to ask your local Medicaid Provider Liason.
Hope this info was somewhat helpful.
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join