I have not heard this but will look and see what I can find. If this is true then the suture removal would be billable with an ov. But the problem will be repairs performed in the ED, and the patient is sent to the PCP for removal. The PCP will now have to know if the repair was simple or more than to know if they should use the ov code or the repair code with the 55 modifier. But then again they need to know the repair code to apply the 55 modifier so it is probably a moot point. I am just thinking outloud again!
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join