It is GY modifier.
If a walking boot L4360 is used solely for the prevention or treatment of a pressure ulcer, the GY modifier must be added to the base code and to the code for the replacement liner (L4392, L4394).
When the GY modifier is added to a code there must be a short narrative statement indicating why the GY modifier was used â€“ e.g., â€śused to prevent pressure ulcerâ€ť or â€śused to treat pressure ulcerâ€ť or â€śused to treat edemaâ€ť. This statement should be entered in the narrative field of an electronic claim or attached to a hard copy claim.
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join