Discuss with the surgeon first- was there scleral thinning present? If so, you would want to discuss possibly using CPT code 67255 for the grafting portion of the procedure- keeping in mind that it does have "separate procedure" designation. If scleral thinning were indeed present, you would then code for placement of the shunt 66180 and 67255 (59 modifier) and the ICD-9 code for the scleral thinning. GOOD LUCK!
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join