CPT 11042 includes down into the subcutaneous tissue which is deeper/below the epidermis and dermis. 97597 and 97598 do not go that deep.
I have a question for F Tessa Bartel or anyone as knowlegeable.
Re: 2011 "Coding Tip" narrative for debridement coding.
How is one to measure by depth for a single wound when the codes 11042-11047 read in "square cm? "
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join