It means mutliple oupatient encounters regardless of revenue center. If the patient has 2 ER encounter on the same day the second one needs a 27 modifier. If the patient is seen in the ER (450 rev center) and in the Clinic (510 rev center) on the same day then the second one needs a 27 modifier, If one visit contains a significant procedure then all E&Ms for the day must have a 25 modifier as well. so you could have:
revenue center 510 99213-25 20610-RT
revenue center 450 99282-25,27
revenue center 510 99213-25
revenue center 450 99282 -25,27 96372
revenue center 450 99283 - 25
revenue center 450 99284 - 25,27 96372
this encounter must also have a G0 condition code for two visits in the same revenue center with a significant procedure.
In the facility you must look at all encounters for the day regardless of revenue center.
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join