Per Supercoder Survival Guide on Hernia Repair it states that a reducible hernia can be pushed back through the fascial defect and in contrast the contents of an incarcerated or strangulated hernia are trapped in the hernia sac and cannot be pushed back through the fascial defect.
I agree with your code 49570 because it does not state in the operative note that the surgeon tried to reduce the peritoneal fat back through the tear in the fascia. Also, the CPT code 49570 states Repair of Epigastric Hernia (eg. Preperitoneal fat); reducible.
I hope this information helps you...
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join