Youstated the patients had outpatient surgery. Where did the patients stay overnight? Were they admitted to the hospital? If they didn't stay in a hospital you can't use hospital subsequent codes. For observation there would have to be separate documentation for admit to observation, plan of care as well as the physician documentation. Also you are probably dealing with the surgical package that goes with the procedures. So we need some more info.
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join