Hello, I have emailed the Project Xternships, gone to AAPC meeting, have a low level billing job in a hospital and no coding job prospects. I have emailed the med recs dept in the hospital I work at and was told they do not take externs, unless they are pursiing their HIMT degree. I have had calls in regard to my resume, as I am a biller, but have been told several times that I do not have enough experience or they want HIMT degree. I was disappointed as my AAPC chapter did not make me feel very welcome and kind of made me feel less than as I was only a CPC-H without a HIMT degree. I just earned my CPC-H credentail 12-11-10.
I fear I just wasted my time and money.....
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join