AAPC - Back to school

Thread: X-tern positions in Cols.OH?

Default X-tern positions in Cols.OH?

AAPC: Back to School
    E:mailed the contact listed from the AAPC website weeks ago with no response. Does anyone know if AAPC verified their participation as a source? I hate to start e:mailing them weekly if they no longer participate in the program. All the other listings are in other cities too far to drive.

Default Project Xtern

Hello, I have emailed the Project Xternships, gone to AAPC meeting, have a low level billing job in a hospital and no coding job prospects. I have emailed the med recs dept in the hospital I work at and was told they do not take externs, unless they are pursiing their HIMT degree. I have had calls in regard to my resume, as I am a biller, but have been told several times that I do not have enough experience or they want HIMT degree. I was disappointed as my AAPC chapter did not make me feel very welcome and kind of made me feel less than as I was only a CPC-H without a HIMT degree. I just earned my CPC-H credentail 12-11-10.

I fear I just wasted my time and money.....

I also live in Columbus...and I did email the farther away Xternships...no reply...

I hope you have better luck

Persevere! Maybe your email got trapped in a spam filter or something?