I will wager an opinion here.
Per the CPT guidelines, 90460 is reported for each vaccine administered. If you administer a combination vaccine with multiple components, 90460 is reported for the first component and 90461 is reported for each additional component. These codes are only used when counseling is provided by the physician or "other qualified health care professional" prior to the vaccine administration.
The examples you have provided above are coded correctly. I would recommend you consult with your payers because some payers may not accept billing in units and may want the vaccines reported as separate line items.
As for reimbursement, this will obviously depend on the specific payer but I am not aware of any denials at my clinics with these codes.
Hope this helps and again this is my opinion.
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join