What are method(s) of testing that encompasses a drug test where you are.
Drug test kit described recently in December 2010 CPT Assistant
----Per Cpt Assistant Dec 10, "multiplexed' because of the ability to qualitatively assay multiple drug simultaneously. It is effectively running multiple tests at once, in a single procedure, due to the test kit desing. Prior to 2011, the reproting was commonly reported as mutliple units of code 80101, as code 80101 was not specific to a single or multiple sequential procedures. In 2010, HCPCS code G0430 was created to describe a non chromatographic method wherein multiple drug classes were screened in a single procedure. New code 80104 more accuratley reflecting the resources used in a multiplex test kit as compared to multiple runs using a single class methodlogy.
80101 can it still be used in 2011?
They describe use of 80101 in the same article: "Methods then became available that relied upon immunoassay or enyzme assay in which an assay identfied the presense or absence of drugs within a single class. Each test run was for just one class and code 80101 Drug screen, qualtative; single drug class method (eg immunoassay, enzyme assay), each drug class.
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join